Sunday, May 23, 2010

Batman and Aunt May



This was a relatively simple one. I didn't even need to change the word balloons, just adding in the figure of May gave the cover scene a whole new meaning. I have to admit that I was in kind of a cruel mood when I created this.

Aunt May really is one of the most enduring and unique supporting characters. She always made such a nice juxtaposition with the nasty antagonists in Spider-Man's stories. I quite enjoyed all that Rosemary Harris brought to the role in the movies, hopefully the rebooted franchise will find someone equally skilled at the role.

5 comments:

Erik said...

That's fantastic.

Rick L. Phillips said...

Are they locking Aunt May up in the Batcave? That's how it looks to me.

Ross said...

Yeah, they didn't like her wheatcakes.

Jack Norris said...

I thought the implication was that Alfred and Aunt May "did it" in the Batcave and that Batman is saying that he never wants to touch anything in there ever again, or even have the sight of the place remind him of what he walked in on, thus the order to seal the place...

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think the rebooted franchise should have gone with Concetta Tomei, rather than Marissa Tomei.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!