Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Batman and OMAC



This is another early one, I was still getting the gist of it.

I never read the original OMAC series, but I remember being very impressed with a guest appearance that he made in DC Comics Presents. I later picked up his B&W mini-series by John Byrne, but that did not make much of an impression on me. DC tried to give OMAC a big push a couple of years back, but they changed the concept a bit too much for my tastes.

It wasn't until I saw him appear on a recent episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold (A show I hope all fans of this site watch regularly!) that I really saw his potential. The writers on that show really know how to distill a character down to their most appealing qualities. They did the same with another of Kirby's creations, Kamandi, in the episode he appeared in - I would be into an animated show featuring either of these properties based on their treatment on the show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the goggle-wearing goose-stepper with the big boulder was supposed to be a Arnim Zola-made clone of Master Man (from Marvel's THE INVADERS)?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!