Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Batman and The Freedom Fighters



Presenting… my least favorite cover! I guess we all have clunkers every now and then and I consider this to be one of them. I don’t know if it was the too simple design or the art I chose but this one never really came together. It’s too bad because I really like the Freedom Fighters. The Human Bomb, The Ray, Doll Man and the rest made for an especially eclectic bunch. Plus they had eye candy with Phantom Lady and were led by Uncle Sam himself! Simply a great line up.

I have liked the recent Freedom Fighters mini-series with the mostly legacy characters and am glad to hear that they will shortly be starting their own ongoing series. If it is up to the quality of the mini-series, we should be in for a fun ride!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like it. But I guess that isn't saying much.

Ross said...

It is! Thanks, Michael.

Anonymous said...

we are own worst critics - I like it and don't be so hard on yourself. Just make another Freedom Fighters cover huh?
How about BAT MAN and the Liberty Legion and The Freedom fighters!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of the Freedom Fighters from before they were put together as a team in the Justice League. I'm particularly hoping to see a Batman/Uncle Sam crossover cover when you get to the letter 'U' in the near future.

Richard said...

Nearly six years after the concept, I'll bite.

First, it's not a nifty Marvel-DC crossover, so that's a bit disappointing.

And originally Sam was holding Wonder Woman and speaking of her being dead and obviously to conceal her, it makes Sam look like he's kneeling or something at Batman. It really minimizes him.

Wonder Woman was being moved by Sam, so that gives the other FFers the right to approach.

With Batman begin dead and not going anywhere, it makes their approach there look surprised, with a "what's up?" expression.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!