Friday, August 27, 2010

Batman and The Micronauts



The Micronauts were probably my favorite of the toys turned comics concept that was popular during my childhood years. This was mainly due to the fact that the toys were so cool looking! Lots of points of articulation and great designs, they were pretty cool compared to most of the other action figures out at the time. I remember my brother had Biotron and I had Acroyear and we used to do mock battles, ah - good times. In the comics, I picked up a few issues if their various series, but was really won over with the X-Men vs. Micronauts mini-series. I'm not sure what the rights issues are like, but it would be nice to see The Micronauts back in action.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bug and Marionette were wholly owned by Marvel while most of the other characters were co-created with the toy company. Image and another company briefly revived the Micros with quite a few modifications, but it seemed their day had passed. A pity... During their first year at Marvel, the Micros actually managed to achieve sales at the X-Men level. And this was when the X-Men were really selling hot!

Ross said...

Ah yes. I think I remember seeing a solo Bug Special once.

dicecipher said...

Those first 12 issues with the Mike Golden art so rocked. I remember looking for them on the spinner racks.

Erik said...

That image is from one of my favorite Batman covers ever.

Jim Ryan said...

Supposedly, Hasbro is going to revive the toys and oversee a movie with JJ Abrams' involvement, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micronauts

Which means we're probably not going to see an X-Men / Micronauts crossover anytime soon, which means Ellen Paige playing Baron Karza is out of the question...

Lee Houston, Junior said...

Ross:

What are the chances of Batman teaming up with the other toy licenses Marvel had that I liked: Rom, Spaceknight; the Shogun Warriors, and the Transformers.
Can you imagine an Autobot Batmobile, or worse, a Decepticon disguising itself as the Batmobile?

Lee Houston, Junior

Mike D. said...

whoa....Best one yet man!

Ross said...

ROM has already been posted and Transformers is coming up!

Anonymous said...

batman meets digimon or stretch armstrong futurama jemm dark shadows
gumby and pokey underdog ben 10 just few for now

Fanboyimus Prime said...

Well Bug is back more or less. He's a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

lue lyron said...

Oh cool, if I can get to a Comics shop again one day, Guardians is near the top of my list!

LEEE777 said...

AWESOME! ; D

Support STF: The Lost Issues!