Friday, September 24, 2010

Batman and The Secret Society of Super-Villains



I always loved the Secret Society of Super-Villains from their appearances in their own title as well as Justice League of America and of course the Legion of Doom in the Super Friends Cartoon. I had seen plenty of villain teams before, but this one was made up of the arch-enemies of all of DC's top heroes - each of whom posed a formidable threat on their own! A team so ruthless and powerful that they were nigh unstoppable... if their own interpersonal conflicts would stop getting in the way!

This cover uses an image from one the SSOSV's appearances late in the run of the original Justice League of America series, my favorite storyline featuring them. I also loved how they were used in the Justice league and Justice League Unlimited cartoons. Finally, the Alex Ross/Doug Braithwaite maxi-series Justice in must reading for any SSOSV fans.

8 comments:

Ken O said...

I love the issue you used to make this one. As a kid the JLA 195 was my first introduction to the JSA.

Cathy and Dave said...

A George Perez cover for that JLA bad boy, too! I remember, that was a JLA-JSA team-up originally. I don't care what anybody says, Justice, by Alex Ross just flat- out rocked! Cool cover!

Anonymous said...

Went through your blog a tid bit and i liked it, keep up the good work :3

Rick L. Phillips said...

This would have been a fantastic team-up. Of all you have posted her sofar this is the one I really wish they had done.

James Jones said...

These are all incredible. So much fun to look at. "The Brave and The Bold" was always one of my favorite comics. You've added something special to that legacy.

Wonderful Stuff!!!

English Funny sms said...

I really like your blog and i respect your work. I’ll be a frequent visitor.

Ross said...

Thanks for the kind words!

Anonymous said...

Bats & the SSoSV... that could've happened if B&B continued its original run passed 200!
He previously joined forces with the Joker (twice), the Riddler, and Ra's Al Ghul in B&B, so I could've seen this as a possibility. (He was forced into a race to save the world with Joker, Catwoman & Black Manta in an animated episode of B&B last season.)

Support STF: The Lost Issues!