Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Batman and The Vision



I have always loved The Vision, since his earliest appearances as a member of The Avengers. His eerie visual and interesting powers and back story made him stand out in contrast with his fellow teammates. Add on top of that his relationship with The Scarlet Witch, and you had a character ripe with years of story potential.

Sadly, like his former bride, The Vision as a character has meandered somewhat for many years now. Being built and rebuilt, separated from Wanda and de-aged, it was hard for me to maintain interest in him, and I finally lost track. I am not sure of his status now, but I hope a writer can soon find a clear direction for this great marvel creation.

2 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

Should I be disappointed that Viz is part of Jim Hammond? I'm not sure Avenger: Deconstructed or whatever it was that Bendis did to crash and burn the team, including Viz and Wanda...but what he's done since has been brilliant.

I think I'd take The Vision over Red Tornado in a heartbeat. Android, with the powers of the Martian Manhunter - awww, yeah!

Anonymous said...

@Cathy & Dave: seems only fair. Seeing how Aarkus (the Golden Age Vision) was kind of like the Martian Manhunter with the powers of The Spectre!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!