Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Batman and Tintin



I was a huge fan of the Tintin books as a kid. I think we had the entire series and I read them through a bunch of times. I absolutely loved the detail that Herge would put into his artwork with his crisp illustration style. He was also a master of body language and facial expressions, which served him well in his action sequences and humorous moments.

I remember catching some animated Tintin adaptations a few years back and they looked pretty good - I'll have to seek them out again. Tintin is headed to the big screen soon in a series of films, being brought to audiences by Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson and starring Jamie Bell in the title role. I have read that the film will utilize motion capture technology, so it will be interesting to see what the final project looks like.

4 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

I've never read Tintin. I'm sure the film will be awesome.

Is that a Herge-Jose Luis Garcia Lopez mash-up?

diana green said...

Okay, that's just weird.
Cool, but weird.
And I am NOT sure the film will be awesome. In fact, I rather fear the opposite.
I've seen those animated Tintin films from the late 70s/early 80s too. They were fun. But Tintin Meets The Polar Express?
Not so much.
Great oddity cover! Keep 'em coming!

Ross said...

Yup, that's Herge/Lopez!

JayWicky said...

Hey, did you know that this team-up actually happened... sort of?

http://www.coolfrenchcomics.com/tintinbatman.htm

Support STF: The Lost Issues!