Friday, November 19, 2010

The Thing and Batman Beyond



I would really love to see a Batman Beyond feature film. I have a feeling that Christopher Nolan is going to be saying goodbye to Batman after The Dark Knight Rises, so BB would be a good film to follow it up with. I already have the perfect casting in mind for Bruce Wayne: Clint Eastwood. All they would have to do is adapt the first few episodes of the animated series and you have cinema gold, right there.

It's nice to see the world of Batman Beyond enduring through the character's new ongoing self titled solo series. DC has been smart about taking what works well in their properties' TV and film efforts and weaving them into the comic continuity. Terry McGuiness, Harley Quinn and most recently Chloe Sullivan have all made the leap, and I am sure we will see more in the future.

6 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

I...

I have mixed feelings about Batman Beyond. I'm not sure I'm a fan.

Kinda like the Black Spider-Man costume. That came out of Secret Wars, but ended up being Venom and then Carnage...

Not sure, 'cos it seems like every body else but Bruce was "gone"...

Maybe I should give the original mini-series a re-read and re-watch a few eps...

Encapuchadoman said...

Very good issue!

Anonymous said...

Not to mention others that have come from animated properties in the DC universe into comics...

LOCKUP! I love that villain!

SmearySoapboxPress said...

I think your Batman Beyond works better with the Thing here than it did with your B&B cover(per your comments there). I've really been enjoying these MTIO covers (and glad you've been able to slip some Aparo art in there from time to time, too), but I wish you'd kept numbering them sequentially (like you did with the first one numbered "1"). Guess that's just the collector in me coming to the fore, tho...

Keep up the good work!
- dale.

Ross said...

I considered doing that with the MTIO numbering, but since I post these more or less alphabetically, I prefer the non-sequential numbering. I hope for these covers to appear as random undiscovered issues. Thanks for the compliments!

Scott Bryan said...

Speaking of characters who started on TV first, let's not forget the new Aqualad who appears in the Young Justice cartoon that startsw today. Also Marvel's Firestar started out on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, the Wonder Twins started out on Super Friends and one I'm surprised you missed, Batgirl! She started out in the show, then appeared in the comics right after.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!