Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Thing and Madman



I was a fan of Mike Allred's comics art through his forays into the Marvel and DC universe. I finally decided to check out his signature character, Madman. I purchased the first five TPB's of his adventures and read them straight through. It was a fun way to do it, I got completely immersed into Allred's inventive and beautifully illustrated world. I also got a kick out of The Atomics and its band of offbeat characters. I have heard mention of making a Madman film, but I think it would be very tough to capture the unique look of the comics. Maybe animation would work - Allred's art style would look very cool in motion.

2 comments:

Lee Houston, Junior said...

How about The Thing and Brother Power, the Geek?
I'd have to stop and look to see if it's already been done before I can suggest Batman and Brother Power.

SmearySoapboxPress said...

Ha! That's very funny!
- dale.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!