Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Thing and Snoopy



Like most people of my generation, I have a soft spot for Snoopy. I still remember the stuffed animal Snoopy I had that I would carry around with me everywhere. I would hold him by the ears and my mother kept having to sew them back on. One of the first movies I remember seeing in the theaters was Snoopy, Come Home. I watched that recently and it actually holds up very well, what with the catchy music and psychedelic 70's backgrounds... not to mention an epic fight scene between Snoopy and Lucy! Great stuff! The TV specials and of course the comic strip (second only to Calvin & Hobbes in my eyes) made Peanuts a constant fixture in my house for years. I always felt bad for Charlie Brown and didn't blame him for being depressed most of the time... I mean, the poor kid was bald! That had to be tough.

3 comments:

OTL said...

Why is this not real? :(

Cathy and Dave said...

Dave sez,

That is one GIANT size slice of AWESOME!

I'd love to see Snoopy join the FF as Joe Cool.
:)

Anonymous said...

Before you go in the the W's, may I suggest: Woody Woodpecker? You could throw in Woodstock for a comedic "Birds of Prey" issue. Don't groan!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!