Friday, April 22, 2011

The Thing and The Authority




I really loved the first couple of years of The Authority. I don't think I had ever seen comics told in such a widescreen, cinematic style before. The concepts were huge and the artists were fantastic. The first few runs on that series made for a very tough act to follow and while I have given most of the Authority relaunches a try, nothing has really come close to the original stories by Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch and then Mark Millar and Frank Quitely.

3 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

Dave sez,

I've read The Batman-Authority team-up. I've read Captain Atom's visit to The Authority universe...but I never really got into The Authority themselves. I think I might have a sour after taste in my mouth from Image. Whether it be from McFarlane's ravings, to late, gimmicky books...It feels a bit dodgy giving them a try - even if the book IS good...

notintheface said...

Off-topic, but are we getting Thing and Warlord?

Ross said...

The magic 8-ball says "Outlook Good"

Support STF: The Lost Issues!