Thursday, September 22, 2011

Batman and Rogue



Rogue is a great idea for a mutant.  Her ability to absorb other characters' powers means she can go up against all types of opponents and the range of action that can be depicted is limitless.  I think the permanent strength and flight that she acquired make her a bit too powerful though, and I feel she is more compelling with only the temporary absorption abilities.  I'd like to see a more faithful version of Rogue in a future X-Men film. While I enjoyed Anna Paquin's performance in the earlier  X-films, it never felt like the comic book version to me.   Her character was sort of a hybrid between Rogue and Kitty Pryde - not only did we lose a lot of interesting back story Rogue had in the comics, she also seemed redundant when the actual Kitty was introduced.

1 comment:

Dan Schwent said...

The captions on your covers are very fitting and almost as good as the covers themselves.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!