Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Batman and The Matrix



I was lucky enough to see the first Matrix on opening day and thus did not have any of the movie spoiled for me beforehand.  I never knew where the movie was going and it was a wild ride from start to finish.The two sequels each had some cool visual moments but didn't really capitalize on all the potential from where the first film left off, in my opinion.  On the other hand, I wholeheartedly endorse The Animatrix, the direct to DVD film with six stories set in the continuity of The Matrix, each one animated in its own unique style.  Even if you are not a fan of the 2 Matrix sequels, it is still well worth seeking out.

3 comments:

WORLDMUSIC said...

......I thought you'd never do it! No Morpheus or Trinity, but I'll take it! The Matrix changed the face of syfy cinema and ruined Star Wars Episode One for me!

Cathy and Dave said...

Dave sez,

Amazing!

To me, THE MATRIX is one of the very few movies that doesn't need a direct "sequel". We started to watch the second one and got a few minutes into it...and stopped it, because it was so jarring how different it was from the original.

The original Matrix really is a one of a kind thing.

Cool cover!

Occupy Wall Street Forever said...

Beautiful cover and a great film!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!