Friday, June 15, 2012

The Demon and Captain America



I thought I would pay tribute to The King with another all-Kirby cover. I think images from his work at different companies work well together, and there will definitely be more all-Kirby covers in the future.  I am a little concerned for the Captain America movie sequel.  I thought that Joe Johnston was a perfect choice for the first film and am disappointed that he will not be back for the second.  It seems the film will now be co-directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, producers on the TV show Community.  Don't get me wrong, I love Community, it has great inventiveness and heart, and usually makes me laugh out loud - I just don't know how these guys will work with a property like Cap.  Still, they could be huge Captain America fans and deliver a great film for all I know, so I will wait until I hear and see a lot more before passing judgment.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I'm looking forward to more Kirby covers. I'd like to see Dr. Faustus in the Captain America sequel, played by Anthony Hopkins -- think Hannibal Lecter with a German accent and a monocle!

Rick L. Phillips said...

I am afraid for the sequel if they are directing it. I hope they do well but unlike you I don't like Community. It's rare that I like a one camera comedy. So far I only like The Middle.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I agree with you, on having major doubts about the guys of Community directing Cap. Joe Johnston really did a bang-up job in presenting Cap's origin, and getting him from point A to point B in a flawless manner that didn't seem boring or waste time.

We'll just have o wait and see huh?

As for more Kirby covers, I'm all for it. I'd also like to see, whenever you have the time, to make a giant all-Kirby cover that features a lot Kirby characters. Make it panoramic.

Anonymous said...

id still like to see hawkeye with either hawkman/hawk and dove or shadowhawk speaking of him how bout him with darkhawk or moon knight or savage dragon and savage sub mariner

Anonymous said...

i think storm vs weather wizard would be cool or aquaman/mera vs hydroman

GF said...

How about this Kirby no-brainer: Captain America and Archie's The Shield--same creative teams, similar costumes, even teenage sideckicks!

How about early 70s Avengers (Black Panther, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, et al) vs. A similar JLA line up from the same style era?

Ross said...

You'll definitely be seeing both of those match ups in future issues.

GF said...

Great! Looking forward to both!!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!