Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Captain Atom and Solar: Man of the Atom



These two atomic heroes have been around for decades and have each been published by multiple comic companies, so I thought it was about time they shared an adventure together.  I have liked Captain Atom since his introduction to the DCU in Crisis on Infinite Earths, but I didn't have a chance to try out his New 52 series.  I'm not crazy about his recent redesign as I think it makes him look too similar to The Silver Surfer.  I haven't read as much of Solar, but I have always liked the cool artwork associated with the character, from the classic Gold Key covers to Barry Windsor-Smith's beautiful work during his first Valiant run.

5 comments:

artemus dada said...

Very good work !

Anonymous said...

Ditto, dude! :-)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they're going to fight over their mutual ex-girlfriend, Void?

Carycomic said...

@Anon: A nuclear family squabble? ;-)

Carycomic said...

@Cary: good one!!!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!