Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Green Lantern and The X-Men



X-Men: Days of Future Past is shaping up to be a very interesting, if crowded, film.  Brian Singer will be uniting the cast from his X-Men films with that of X-Men: First Class in a film that promises sentinels and time travel.  I hope that the film ends with something closer to the comic book timeline, as the series has played fast and loose with the continuity thus far.

The word is still out on which Green Lantern will be showing up in the Justice League film, and I doubt that we will hear much concrete information until Man of Steel hits the theaters.  While I would like to see Hal Jordan get a Hulk in The Avengers type of rehabilitation, I wouldn't mind seeing John Stewart in the film.  I have always liked the character and he worked well in the animated series.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool concept how bout mary marvel and marvel girl rose and thorn with cloak and dagger global guardians and alpha flight popeye and namor

Diabolu Frank said...

For me, as much as anything, it comes down to colors. An African-American just looks better in a green, black and white uniform than a Caucasian does. The skin sells the cool, whereas Ryan Reynolds' personality could not. Besides, one of the few sticky areas with regards to the Avengers was their being the All-Whitey Squad that happened to be guided by an old black dude. The Justice League has enough trouble with being perceived as the crusty old school Aryans without sticking to Hal Jordan. John Stewart would open doors and improve quality /accessibility where the tokenism of the Falcon and War Machine does not.

As for X-Men, I gave up after Wolverine: Origins. My girlfriend even bought First Class on Blu-Ray, and I've still shrugged off investing any time in it.

Ross said...

I've always assumed they would cast a Black actor for J'onn J'onzz, so that would serve for diversity as well.

Diabolu Frank said...

It would if he had a part, which doesn't appear to be in the cards per the latest reports.

Isaac said...

I think Mary Marvel with Ms. Marvel would bbe better, but I think Ross already covered it. Rose & The Thorn would work better with Moonknight because of their dysfunction. And I heard it might be Reynolds back in the Justice League movie. Aquaman is out. Outrageous!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!