Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Metal Men and Iron Man



I loved the first Iron Man film but was a bit underwhelmed by the sequel, which seemed to cover a lot of the same ground as far as character arcs and action scenes.  The trailer for Iron Man 3 looks fantastic though, and I am back on board.  I of course love the bit at the end where Tony Stark calls in his "boys" and we see multiple Iron Man suits speeding to the rescue.  I paused the screen to see which armors I could recognize and it looks to be an amazing scene.  My one quibble was the lack of any armor that resembled the classic look that Tony sported for decades - red & gold with hip-disks and a widow's peak.  For a whole generation of fans, that is the Iron Man Suit and it deserves an appearance!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes this is one i asked for thanks hopefully well see more metal men in trinity war i was bothered that platinum went nuts in jl also have big guy and rusty meet iron giant astro boy or iron man

Bob Greenwade said...

Where's the big guy from? He (or it) looks kind of like a gigantic, evil teddy bear. (Visions of "Clarence" from Champions Online pop through my head....)

Isaac said...

Too bad this never appeared during the Silver Age of comics. I would read the heck outta this one! Thanks Ross!

Ross said...

He's Balloon Man, and early MM villain.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!