Saturday, July 20, 2013

Elongated Man and Quicksilver



In an interesting turn of events, Quicksilver is slated to appear in both X-Men: Days of Future Past and Avengers 2.  He is one of the few characters shared between 20th Century Fox  and Marvel and thus there will be two different live action interpretations to compare.  It seems that he will have a more substantial role in Avengers, given the glut of characters in X-Men... but then again, his father is Magneto, so how small could his role be there?

Ralph Dibny is still MIA at DC... along with Wally West and Alex Luthor.  Jimmy Olsen was turned into a brunette girl for the movies and Richard Dragon has been remade as a bald guy.  I'm not sure why DC is suddenly so anti-ginger, but I can't say it sits well with me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If DC has decided they only need ONE superhero with stretch powers, I am ok if they chose Plastic Man to be it.

ReddMann said...

Love this cover with 2 of my favs in the comicverse. If they can bring Vibe back, then they can bring back Ralph, too.

Jon said...

Was this a Flash comic?

Ross said...

Yup, from Elongated Man's first appearance!

Jon said...

That's too bad they gave ol' Ralph short shrift. He so enjoyed being a superhero,

Anonymous said...

I am totally digging everything I've seen you do with Pietro Maximoff. As a kid , he was my favorite character , even if he wasn't as fast as DC's speedsters! And truly , Ralph Dibny was always a fun character...miss him and Sue.

-Mike Tabor

Support STF: The Lost Issues!