Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Thing Vs. Geo-Force



Here's a team up that I can't believe I never got to when I was doing my lost MTIO run.  Given Geo-Force's abilities to control The Earth's gravitational field and manipulate rock & stone, this could be a very interesting battle.  The thing I always thought was cool about Geo-Force was his relationship with his sister, Terra - the traitorous Teen Titan.  However, once she was killed off, DC never seemed to know what to do with Prince Brion of Markovia.  I have yet to see him appear in the New 52, hopefully he won't be just another victim of the reboot.

4 comments:

Energy Law said...

Geo-Force was a real fan favorite among Mike W. Barr's creations for Batman and the Outsiders. I, however, kinda found him a bit stale. Of all the team members, I felt Barr wrote him rather one-demensionally (the honorable, royal prince) which was later detrimental for other writers who didn't know what to do with him. Even Terra's death was not much of an impact to him. Brion Markov' powers were cool, but Brion was boring, I'm sorry to say. Mike Barr missed an opportunity to make him a LOT more complex (like Terra was!).

Anonymous said...

Markovia was supposed to be an Eastern European/Balkan country. With recent history of ethnic conflict & civil wars and ethnic cleansing in that area, it would be interesting if someone wrote a Graphic Novel with Geo-Force, as the super-powered prince of an ethnically divided nation (due to messed up post-World War 2 policies) and how he deals with this.

Anonymous said...

Black panther or namor and geo force for the prince aspect or king you get my drift

Isaac said...

I like your idea anonymous. DC, make it so.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!