Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Captain America and The Flash



Well, I saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and I thought it was great.  I would put it right with Avengers and the first Iron Man as the best of the Marvel Films - and it may just be the best one, we'll see how it holds up to repeated viewings.  The action scenes were great and we finally saw the full extent of Cap's abilities. His relationship with Sam Wilson was a highlight of the film for me, and I loved every second of The Falcon in action. Black Widow and Nick Fury were had their best roles of their Marvel movie tenure here as well. Plus, the villains were all great - The Winter Soldier seemed as if he was ripped from the pages of the comic, Batroc actually came off looking cool, we got so see the evolution of Crossbones, Redford was great to see in a huge production again, and best of all (spoiler) - I loved the appearance of Arnim Zola, and how they pulled off such a crazy character from the comics.  I hope we see more of him.  After the disappointments of the last Thor and Iron Man films, Marvel has rebounded in a big way!

Stay tuned tomorrow for the second chapter of this 3-part epic!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that was a real comic cover but I knew in my heart it wasn't :(

Support STF: The Lost Issues!