Sunday, May 18, 2014

Batman and Hawkeye in "What's Lurking in Castle Wolfenstein?"



Well, the first official image of Ben Affleck as Batman, along with his Batmobile, has been released, and it seems to have been met with generally favorable reviews.  I still would like to see a more straight on full color shot, but I like what I see so far.  The bulk, bat-symbol and short ears are definitely inspired by Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns design, and I think will help to set this movie incarnation of Batman apart from the others.  Looking closely, it seems that the eyes are the traditional holes in the mask w/eye makeup underneath look that we are used to by now, I was hoping for lenses to give the "white eyes" look from the comics and cartoons.  Perhaps he will still have both, I hope so.  The Batmobile looks pretty cool as well, can't wait to see it in action.  It does strike me as a little crazy to have the studio releasing promotional material for a movie 2 years away, but I guess they would prefer Affleck's appearance to come out on their own terms rather than some badly lit paparazzi snapshot from the filming.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your work and I love how you are avoiding the new DC 52 outfits.
As others this in cover cross-overs. The Punisher and Dexter Morgan.

Ross said...

Thanks! Dexter Morgan is indeed slated for another appearance.

Randy said...

The advance release of a picture is really no different to me than when WB released the first photo of Michael Keaton as Batman in 1989. It's a similar situation. Fans are outraged over the casting, so the studio hopes to turn some heads with an advance photo.

AirDave said...

Great cover! Castle Wolfenstein! Love it! The Batman and Hawkeye is an awesome team-up! I wonder if it would be as competitive as Batman and Green Arrow on Batman: The Brave and the Bold...I miss that show.

Sadly, I am old enough to remember a time when the world was blown away and taken by storm by films like Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Star Wars - each with almost no advance warning like a promo shot of the cast. I try to limit my exposure to avoid disappointment.

Zoinks! Graphics said...

Kind of thin for an outside door, lol.

Anonymous said...

Would there have been an appearance of everyone's favourite Nazi killer B.J. Blazkowicz? As a Wolfenstein fan, I certainly hope so.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!