Monday, May 19, 2014

Spider-Man Vs. Batman's Villains



Whenever I consider which hero has the greatest rogues gallery, it always comes down to three characters for me" The Flash, Spider-Man and Batman.  The Flash has a closely knit group of science based villains that are always interesting to see together or apart.  Steve Ditko and Stan Lee took inspiration from the animal world and elsewhere to create a group of visually fun bad guys.  I think I would give the edge to Batman though, with his line-up of psychologically demented freaks.  His list includes Two-Face and The Joker, two of my all time favorite antagonists... still, it's a close contest.

The event's of this story will lead into tomorrow's tale, so stay tuned!

6 comments:

AirDave said...

I don't know how I managed to be a fan of both Batman and Spider-Man and NOT notice how similar their rogues gallery is. The Joker and Green Goblin are basically brothers. But then, Spider-Man is basically a mash-up of Batman and Robin...

Isaac said...

@AirDave - More like a maah-up of Superman and Robin. As for the villain analogues - Sandman/Clayface. Lizard/Croc. Catwoman/Black Cat, Morbius/Man-bat and so on. I'd pair Ra's Al Ghul with the Kingpin but that's a biiiiig stretch.

Anonymous said...

Now this would be a comic I would HAVE to buy.

Trıple O said...

Gotta love (Dıck Gıordano?), ıt really makes me mıss the 1970s!! Thıs would be a typıcal ıssue from 1978!

Bob Greenwade said...

Will we ever get to see the reverse of this happen? ;)

Ross said...

Batman faced off against the Sinister Six on a B&B cover years ago, check the archives!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!