Friday, September 26, 2014

Superman and Spider-Man in "Scoop of the Year"



I still remember seeing ads for the "Team-Up of the Century" as it was called when Superman and Spider-Man first met.  I just had to get this over-sized book, but I never once saw it on sale anywhere - this was years before I ever set for into a comic book shop, so my only options were a few local grocery stores and magazine stands.  In fact, I think I wound up getting a copy to the sequel before ever reading the first pairing.  it was well over a decade  before I finally got my hands on a copy.  It was well worth the wait, but I can only imagine how bowled over I would have been if I had gotten the chance to read it when it was originally released.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, living in East New York (Brooklyn) as a child in the 1980s, I definitely had the "inconsistent comic delivery" newstand blues. The two newsagents near my apartment building were so inconsistent, I usually avoided multipart stories and most brought stand alone issues. But the summer of the JLA/JSA/All-Star Squadron cross-over I made an exception. Unfortunately, it was years later that I finally purchased part 3 & 4!

Anonymous said...

I was more fortunate. News deliveries to general stores in New England were slightly more reliable, back in the Seventies. But, then, again, Dc Comics were still only 20 cents, then!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!