Monday, October 6, 2014

Metal Men and Transformers in "Prime Directive"



I caught Transformers: Age of Extinction on video the other day, going in with low expectations.  Even so, this movie was a disappointment.  It was overly long and the usually reliable Mark Wahlberg was not enough to distinguish the plot form any of the other Transformers movies for me - it's all one big jumble at this point.  I am still cringing at the scene where Wahlberg stops in the middle of a robot battle to enjoy a cold Bud Light from a crashed Bud Light delivery truck - just shameless.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its been a while since I walked out on a movie, cuz I'm pretty darn careful about what I see these days. But I was truly bored that saturday afternoon, and thought "what the heck, at worst I'll have a nice nap!" I couldn't take it and walked out after 40 minutes. Spent the rest of the evening in the mall bookstore.

Bob Buethe said...

I'd love to see a Metal Men movie or series, but I don't think it can be done any more without the general non-comic-fan public calling it a Transformers ripoff. I enjoyed their appearances on "Batman: the Brave and the Bold," although I don't understand why they changed Doc Magnus's first name from William to Milton.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you. The producers should have recruited Megan Fox--SOMEHOW--to, at least, provide a modicum of half-way decent continuity.

A. Clay Campbell esq. said...

Have a suggestion for a team up.

Ironman and Speedy

There connection is a little more subtle.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!