Saturday, December 6, 2014

Batman and The Wasp



Although she guest starred in a couple of issues, I never did a Batman/Wasp team-up back in my original Brave and the Bold: The Lost Issues days, and I have been meaning to remedy that.  One thing I always liked about Janet Van Dyne was that she was a clothes hound, and never liked to settle on one outfit for too long before switching to the latest fashion.  I can understand the importance of branding and creating an iconic look, but I have to believe her approach is closer to what would take place if one had to create a costumed persona.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right. This would make a _great_ comic book team-up in real life! Not only because of the stunning contrast in their crime-fighting personalities. But, also, because Bruce Wayne and Janet Van Dyne make such a great power couple at a high society function.

Ed said...

Jim Aparo was one of the greatest, underrated artists in comics.

pblfsda said...

Jan also designed make-over costumes for other characters, mostly adjunct Avengers. She helped Wonder Man replace his original pseudo-Capt. America style costume with the short-lived 'diamond' costume in 1977. I think she also helped Carol Danvers transition into the black one-piece in 1978.

Doug said...

I was thinking the other day that Yellowjacket was highly underutilized. He had a "Batmannish" feel, and when I was at Target, I picked up some figures, including the Arkham games Robin and a new Yellowjacket from the Infinite series. They looked like a 70's era pair with the updated pants on Robin look.

Matthew Baugh said...

It was originally the Atom on this cover, wasn't it?

Ross said...

Yup!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!