Monday, January 5, 2015

Starfire and The Black Panther



Marvel has had success mixing super-heroics with political intrigue in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, so I am interested in what they are going to do with Black Panther.  With T'Challa being the leader of a country as well as a costumed adventurer, there are lots of cinematic possibilities.  I'm guessing that we will see him in his days prior to taking the throne at first though - particularly when he makes his debut in Captain America: Civil War.

I have created lots of covers to present the world of Super-Team Family: The Lost Issues.  Have you ever wondered, though, what the interiors to a lost issue of STF would look like?  You will find out as just one of the special features that will be included as part of The STF 1000th Issue Spectacular - coming in 3 short days!  Be there!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of covers that pair characters that have a logical connection (Superman & Thor, Justice League & Thanos) but I also love covers like this where the characters seem like they have NOTHING in comics. It seems like that's comics and one of the things I love about team-ups.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, meant "NOTHING in *common*" not "in comics."

Ross said...

I probably would not have considered pairing these two, but then I saw the monster that Black Panther was battling and I thought that it looked kind of Tamaranian.

Garnet said...

Interiors! Looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

how about the ghostbusters meet Scooby-doo. or the ghostbusters and Scooby-doo vs the spectre.

Scott said...

Any chance you might start making your covers into sizes for wallpapers. Several of your Titans or Titan themed covers would look great as backgrounds

Scott said...

Also think you might do one with Chang-Chi, Master of Kung-Fu and Paul Kirk, Manhunter?

Ross said...

Creating larger covers limites the amount of images that can be used, especially with older subjects dramatically, I have found the size I use to work the best. Shang-Chi/Paul Kirk is a cool idea, though - good story possibilities there!

Anonymous said...

I would say it's more likely (given her evil bent) that this "demon" was more likely Blackfire's father. Making the latter Koriander's half-sister!

If nothing else, that would keep you from going to the supernatural Titan well once too often (a la Lilith Clay and Raven).*

*Before you remind me of the recent ret-con about Mr. Jupiter being her biological father, let me point out that that would be a natural alias for the incessantly shape-shifting philanderer, Zeus.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!