Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Wonder Woman and Captain America in "Separated by the Psycho-Pirate!"



Continuing the latest WW/Cap tale, now the events of the last issue start to make a little more sense.

I have been a big fan of the Psycho Pirate ever since I was introduced to the character as a member of the Secret Society of Super-Villains in my favorite JLA/JSA crossover.  I even wound up making him the central villain of a JLA comic that I wrote and drew for some family members in the early 90's.  I loved that he was one of the few characters to remember the pre-Crisis multiverse and had fun playing off of that fact.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love the Psycho Pirate as well, what a great villain and a great visual. Too bad Black Adam crushed his head during infinite crisis,lol.

Unknown said...

I really love the Psycho Pirate as well, what a great villain and a great visual. Too bad Black Adam crushed his head during infinite crisis,lol.

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

I love the character simply for the name. The redesign of the costume in the nu52 isn't good, though.

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes! The halcyon days of the DC Silver Age with its so much more "complicated" (emphasis on the saracastic quotes) mythos.

AirDave said...

Psycho Pirate!
He was awesome in Crisis On Infinite Earths!

Simreeve said...

Joshua Bellah said: "Too bad Black Adam crushed his head during infinite crisis,lol."

Black Adam said: "No more silly faces."

^_^

Michael said...

Ah-ha! It's always a misunderstanding or some outside manipulation when two heroes fight each other. I think this cover is a close second to the Baron Blitzkrieg and Baron Zemo team-up. The faded façade is so much more ominous.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!