Saturday, September 19, 2015

Iron Man and Hitman



I usually don't go for comics which try to parody and make fun of traditional superhero stories.  Often I find them to be more mean spirited than humorous.  Garth Ennis and John McCrae's Hitman was a definite exception.  I thought that they struck just the right balance, and I have to admit I found the series pretty darn funny.  When mainstream DC heroes would show up, they were part of the humor, but never too much at their own expense.  Hitman himself had a great personality and was entertaining to read.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

could punisher hitman be in the future? also wild dog and tigra or black cat

Bob Greenwade said...

Actually, it seems to me that a Hitman/Deadpool team-up might be appropriate in the future.

Simreeve said...

I remember when Tommy turned up at a JLA recruitment interview session... and said that he'd only gone there so that he could use his X-ray vision on Wonder Woman...

^_^

Knightsky said...

Green Lantern did kinda take it on the chin (or more precisely, the wallet) when he showed up in Hitman. On the other hand, Hitman gave us one of the greatest Superman stories EVER.

Anonymous said...

Hitman used his X-ray vision on Catwoman, too, when they had their titanic team-up.
m.p.

Anonymous said...

I prefer the bald-headed Hit Man from the eponymous video game-based movie. Now, he kicked butt without caring a fig about the names!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!