Friday, March 18, 2016

Green Arrow Vs. The Thing in: "Spicy Sparring!"



Not every issue has to be about life or death stakes.  I used to like when The Thing would host a poker night or when the JLA and JSA would enjoy a cordial get together before the action began.  Sure, the tension may not have been as high in those moments, but they were often filled with interesting interaction between the heroes.

Ben and Ollie have met before on the blog, in a pair of very early MS Paint MTIO covers, Once with Kirby art and one with Black Canary along for the ride...

13 comments:

AirDave said...

Yes!
I could see Ollie and Ben with Hal and Barry in an adventure together. Ben and Ollie's personalities are perfect for a team-up. I think my favorite JLA issue was that ONE issue where Ollie quit and was on his own before coming back to the team. That was pretty cool.

Alaric said...

A battle of titans!

Carycomic said...

When I used the phrase "...cook up food for thought" yesterday, I didn't mean for you to take me so literally. LOL!

Simreeve said...

"This looks like a job for Matter-Eater Lad!"

^_^

Wolfhammer said...

Funny cover! Always great to see Green Arrow return.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ollie's not lying either, NO one's managed to beat his chili. That stuff's world famous. Hell, I remember during Kevin Smith's Quiver arc, where even Barry touted about how good it was.

Anonymous said...

@ Air Dave:

I'd rather see Ollie and Ben in an adventure with Hallie Berry! ;-)

Bob Buethe said...

IIRC, Ollie's secret ingredient was... mushrooms.

Bob Buethe said...

IIRC, Ollie's secret ingredient was... mushrooms.

Anonymous said...

HA! I wan't a copy!

M.P.

Simreeve said...

Anonymous said...
"HA! I wan't a copy!

M.P."

The recipe?
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Arrow's_Chili

Anonymous said...

No! Just the magic mushroom component. X-D

Bob Buethe said...

Mushrooms!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!