Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Justice League of America Vs. Apocalypse



X-Men Apocalypse was kind of a mish mash of a film, with lots of different elements thrown in.  While I don't know if it worked together as a whole, I did enjoy a lot of the fan service moments that were included like Weapon X, The Phoenix Force and finally proper X-Men uniforms in the final scene.  Quicksilver's big scene was once again fun but simply makes him way too powerful in my opinion.  I'm looking forward to future films in the new costumes that deal a lot less with Magneto and Mystique, which is getting a bit repetitive.  I must confess Mr. Sinister hit right after I pretty much bailed on the X-Men comics, so I don't know what to think of him as the next antagonist.

9 comments:

Carycomic said...

If memory serves Mr. Sinister was initially an enigmatic mad scientist type, with the added distinction of being a mutant, too (imagine Luthor with Colossus' ferrous physiology). But, he was ultimately revealed to be En Sabah Nur's semi-autonomous lackey!

Speaking of which; aren't you one Horsemen short on the cover? The DC Trinity are formidable even when brainwashed, yes. But, you still need a fourth! So, who would Pocky pick to brainwash, next? The Flash? Green Lantern? The android Red Tornado?

Ross said...

Look closer, there's someone stretchy on there...

Vicserr said...

The 4th Horsemen would be Plastic Man? He's between Wonder Woman and Batman.
P.S. I love this blog.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Damn good match up between these very powerful and opposing forces. I'm very curious what Batman's strategy would be to take Ol' Pocy out.

Anonymous said...

Darkseid would mop the place up with Apocalypse and Superman has gone one on one with him !

The JLA would beat senseless Apocalypse.. Now !

Kid Charlemagne said...

I'm not a big enough X-Men buff to be familiar with Apocalypse, but I second the objections of Anon@2:18. If the X-Men can beat 'Poc, then the JLA should be able to stomp a mud hole in him and walk it dry, as we say down heah.

Anonymous said...

Wonder woman as War. Batman as Death. Plasticman as famine and Superman as pestilence.

Carycomic said...

The 4th Horseman is PLAS???! He looks more like Wonder Woman's shield.

And considering how relatively easily Big Barda almost strangled the life out of him, I don't think Plastic Man would really be ideal as the 4th Horseman. Not if Pocky really is as smart as he incessantly likes to boast!

Anonymous said...

Much as I hate to say it; I have to agree with Cary on this one.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!