Friday, December 30, 2016

Daredevil and Sherlock Holmes



I am glad that Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch have become part of the Marvel cinematic universe, but my favorite roles to see both of these talented actors in are Holmes and Watson.  So, I am very happy that we will finally be getting some new installments of Sherlock on the BBC in the new year.  I will watch anything Sherlock Holmes related, and I consider their show to be among the best (right after the just about perfect Jeremy Brett series).   Elementary has been tiding me over, but it just isn't the same

9 comments:

Simreeve said...

Have you ever read the story in 'Detective Comics' where Holmes helped Batman to conclude a case?

Ross said...

Yeah, great one!

John Small said...

I personally prefer "Elementary" to "Sherlock," although I do enjoy both programs.

Carycomic said...

Would this be a glorified guest-appearance like Spidey "meets" Dracula or DD "meets" the Two-Gun Kid? Or would Sherlock Holmes be "accidentally" transported to the 21st century by Dr. Strange as part of some conflict against the Hand?

Bob Greenwade said...

To tide you over for Sherlock, let the Hindi sisters entertain you.

I agree that the Jeremy Brett series was pretty much the pinnacle of Sherlock Holmes on film (or video or whatever). I rather wish that he'd lived long enough for the production to record The Yellow Face, my favorite Holmes short story.

As to today's cover, Ross, it's very nicely done. I rather like Cary's story idea, too; maybe you can do a "direct continuation" along those lines some time.

Wolfhammer said...

How about SHERLOCK HOLMES meets SHERLOCK HEMLOCK?

Anonymous said...

@Bob Greenwade: you mean, the Patel twins from the Potter-verse?

Bob Greenwade said...

Anon -- The Hindi sisters are Hilly and Hannah Hindi, of the Hillywood Show (as you'd know if you'd clicked on the link).

Anonymous said...

I did. They looked too much like Trans-Jenner...with British accents.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!