Saturday, July 29, 2017

Spider-Man and Supergirl (The Movie!)




The movie Supergirl did not receive the critical acclaim of the first two Superman films, but there are some positive aspects to it.  Helen Slater was engaging as Supergirl and I quite like the opening twenty minutes or so (on the extended edition) before she gets to Earth.  Some of the flying sequences are really done well.  With less campy villains, more action in the third act and a proper appearance by Christopher Reeve, the film might have been a much larger hit.

Supergirl and Spidey once shared a more traditional comic adventure on the blog....

11 comments:

Mateus Honrado said...

Helen Slater's portrayal of Supergirl was one of the few good things for the film and of course, it was shame that Superman didn't appear in the film because it would've been interesting to see him interact with his cousin.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better, myself, Mat.

Anonymous said...

did you mean blackfire not blackstarr?

Ross said...

No, I meant Blackstarr, the Supergirl foe.

Anonymous said...

I would watch this movie just to see Tom Berenger play the Molten Man!
That I would HAVE to see.

M.P.

BigMike20X6 said...

I always get a kick out of these photo covers :D
Have you seen John Byrne's Star Trek photonovel series New Visions from IDW? I'd love to see your take on a Batman '66/ Star Trek TOS photonovel

Ross said...

Something about those JB Start Trek's always looks off to me. I think it's the use of word balloons. they seem to really sick out on photo images and I try to avoid them if I can.

Patrick said...

How about teaming up TV's live action Shazam and Isis with one of these two heroes?

Ross said...

Already been done and on the blog, Jinzo...

Anonymous said...

COVER OF THE MONTH!

Carycomic said...

Has Batman'66 ever teamed up with Spider-Hammond, Isis or Capt. Shazam?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!