Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Green Arrow and The Beast in "Get a Grip!"




It will still probably be some time before we hear any announcements concerning the movie plans for characters that Marvel can now use due to the Disney/Fox merger, but there are so many cool possibilities.  Many people are looking forward to a new, more comics accurate version of the X-Men, myself included - but my main hope is for the movies to imitate the comics and have a hairy Hank McCoy become a full fledged Avenger himself.  He was on the team during my favorite era of that group and I would love to see that time represented.

Green Arrow and The Beast first shared an adventure together back in STF #525...

10 comments:

AirDave said...

Hopefully this latest wrinkle with Comcast is just a small one that can be ironed out.

That was my favorite era of The Avengers, too. I didn't know Hank McCoy was an X-Man before he was an Avenger! Ha! Gotta love back issues.

Carycomic said...

Hmmm! I wonder if those giant hands belong to Leviathan (first introduced in THE DEFENDERS)?

Michael Jones said...

I'm just thrilled to see the word Brobdingnagian in use. A swift choice.

TJS said...

I notice you flipped Green Arrow compared to the source image.

Ross said...

Flip, resize, rotate, you do what you gotta do to get an image to work.

Glenn said...

I could see Hank and Ollie getting along like Hank and Simon but Ollie needing less lessons.

Anonymous said...

How about Snake Eyes vs Deadpool? The silent ninja vs the merc w/ a mouth.

Anonymous said...

Above anon, how about Deadpool and Calvin and Hobbes?

Carycomic said...

@-the-next-to-last Anon: Ross already did that one (see STF #1385).

That's why Deadpool vs. Storm Shadow would be the next great logical choice for a martial arts action-packed cover!

Carycomic said...

P.S. @ the previous Anon: I'll second your motion. Because I can just see Calvin telling Deadpool: "I need your help getting Hobbes back...from Catwoman!"

Support STF: The Lost Issues!